- Excellent choice for instructors and advanced and intermediate students.
- Extremely high quality 100% heavyweight Pre-shrunk cotton. (#11,000 thread count)
- Genuine Bushu Indigo Dye. (Antibacterial and Odor Eliminating Properties)
- Reinforced seams and anti-tear patches in tear prone areas.
- Seven Lines of Stitching in the Himo. (Waistband)
- Flexible Neoprene rubber Sei-Ita. (Backplate)
- Permanent Stitched Pleats for easy maintenance.
We are pleased to offer the highest end Cotton Aikido Hakama in the industry. The #11,000 Indigo Dyed Cotton Aikido Hakama is crafted from preshrunk Bushu Indigo Dyed #11,000 Thread Count Cotton that will retain its elegant form and crispness, even after many years of rigorous training and wash cycles.
The Bushu indigo dye has been used for centuries in Japan and is known to have antibacterial and anti-odor properties. The #11,000 Indigo Dyed Cotton Aikido Hakama came to fruition as an answer to advanced Aikido students and instructors looking for an Aikido Hakama with elegant presence and comfort, all the while keeping its crisp form and durability.
Bushu "Shoaizome" Indigo Dye
Bushu Indigo Dye has been used in garments since the 7th century. The dye is a highly effective deodorizer, insect repellant, and antibacterial. In addition, when added to fibers, such as cotton, Bushu Indigo Dye can increase the material's durability by approximately 50%.
Over 40 years of martial arts experience as well as listening to 10 years of customer's requests and input in order to provide the best in what the industry has to offer. The Aoi tag guarantees that the item has been developed for safety and comfort from the early stages of finding cutting edge materials, and crafting it with the highest of standards.
- May shrink 1 to 2 inches after the first washing.
- NO Machine wash and tumble dry.
- Hand wash in cold water only, and hang dry after stretch.
- Stretch the Hakama after the first washing to prevent shrinking.
- The width of shrinkage may differ from the water temperature, soaking time and drying method.
- No returns accepted after washing.
We Also Recommend
Deluxe Tetron Aikido Hakama (Permanent Pleats - Rubber Backplate)
$ 45.00 USD Save $ 47.00 USD
[NEW] #11000 Traditional Cotton Black Aikido Hakama (Permanent Pleats - Rubber Backplate)
$ 140.00 USD Save $ 183.00 USD