The following items are included in this set:
- Cotton Basic Iaido Gi Black / White
- #11000 Cotton Black Iaido Hakama
- Cotton Iaido Obi
Cotton Basic Iaido Gi Black/White
The basic Iaido Gi for Iaido practitioners. Our Cotton Basic Iaido Gi, includes two torso tying strings and is offered at a great price and exceptional quality!
The 100% cotton feel is amazing as well and surpasses any other Gi in comfort.
Traditional Iaido Hakama made with 100% Cotton
Features of #11000 Hakama
The #11000 Iaido Black Hakama is a hakama that dyed the traditionally used cotton in black for Iaido use.The Hakama fabric made with #11000 fabric, which contains many threads of cotton yarns. #11000 refers to the 11,000 threads of cotton yarn weaved between every 1-inch by 1-inch fabric.
In ancient Japan, a unit of weight called "Kanme" was used to classy types of fabric, but it has been replaced with "ban" (Number). Nowadays, #12000 is generally the heaviest hakama. In comparison, #11000 is a nice hakama that is lighter and easy to use. Unlike the synthetic fiber, the moderate stiffness of #11000 maintains the hakama shape when it is worn, creates an elegant posture.
The History of Black Hakama
Do you know why today's IaidoHakamas are in black?
The colour of Gi/Hakama has a meaning.In ancient Japan, "white" has been the sacred colour.In religion, white is a demonstration of unsullied integrity at the presence of God while in martial arts, white holds the meaning to train with an empty mind.After long years of usage, the white martial art gi/hakama turns darker, tinge by seasons of training.
In other words, the black gi/hakama represents a seasoned practitioner.In today's world, as stain stands out in white and it has become easier to dye black, more people wear black hakama from the start. However, the importance and difficulty to continue training remain unchanged.
As the colour representation of relentless practices and devotion, black gi/hakama is well loved by Iaido practitioner then and now.
- Excellent choice for intermediate, advanced students or instructors.
- Extremely high quality 100% heavyweight Pre-shrunk cotton. (#11,000 thread count)
- Permanent Stitched Pleats for easy maintenance
Cotton Iaido Obi
This new cotton Iaido Obi is suitable for all practitioners. We offer this obi in black or white. If practitioners seeking a wider obi, and a greater selection of colors, we recommend the traditional Deluxe Kaku Obi.
LENGTH : 375cm (147.6")
WIDTH : 7cm (2.76")
- May shrink 1 to 2 inches after the first washing.
- NO Machine wash and tumble dry.
- Hand wash in cold water only, and hang dry after stretch.
- Stretch the Hakama after the first washing to prevent shrinking.
- The width of shrinkage may differ from the water temperature, soaking time and drying method.
- No returns accepted after washing.
We Also Recommend
Cotton Basic Iaido Gi, Deluxe Tetron Hakama & Cotton Obi Set
$ 110.00 USD Save $ 82.00 USD
Ultra-Lightweight Softened Cotton Iaido Gi, Tetron Hakama & Cotton Obi Set
$ 140.00 USD Save $ 72.00 USD