FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
We’re very happy to offer Free Shipping* (Some restrictions apply) to most destinations across the United States and Canada with the total purchase over US$199.00 (after any coupons or discounts and before taxes).
Simply select "Free Shipping" as your shipping method when you're ready to check-out.
- A delivery company will be selected automatically depending on the place where the package is sent to. We are currently using Canada Post, DHL and UPS.
- When placing an order in Canadian Dollars, the total amount needs to be equivalent to US$199.00+ to qualify for free shipping.
- Over sized Items(Iaito, Shinai, Long Bokuto, Jo and Bokuto Saya) are excluded for the "Fee Shipping"; although, purchases over $300 are shipped free!
- Delivery change charges apply to deliver to another address or reschedule delivery. You will be charged $10 if your request is completed.
- If a package is refused or returned to us due to an inaccurate address information, the shipping fee needs to be charged to reship your package.
Shipment will be based upon the availability of the items you ordered and the shipping options you selected. For example, if you placed an order for an item and selected Standard Free Shipping (3 to 7 business days, depending on where you live), your total delivery time would be 1 business day (processing) + 3 to 7 business days (shipping time). In other words, you could expect your package to be delivered within 4 to 8 business days of placing your order. We will notify you when items are out of stock before processing your payment in the case that you need the items immediately.
CUSTOMIZED ORDERS & OUT-OF-STOCK ITEMS
If your order contains one or more items that are not in stock or customized items, your order will be held until all items come in and are ready to ship. You can request immediate shipping for the items that we currently can ship by indicating in the COMMENTS field at check-out (Extra Shipping Fees may apply).
Expected wait time on custom orders
- Embroidery Orders - Usually 2-7 business days.
- Hakama Cord Extensions - Usually 4-8 weeks.
- Custom Iaito Orders - Crafting times are depending on the workload of our craftsmen in Japan. Please ask for the recent wait times for the Iaito that you desire, before placing your order. Usually 1-3 months.
- Custom Kendo Bogu Orders - The average crafting times for a Machine Stitched Kendo Bogu is 1-3 months, please keep this in mind when ordering. Hand Crafted Bogu and Bogu Parts will take 3-6 months to craft.
SALES TAX, DUTY, BROKERAGE FEES and VAT
We are required to collect the HST sales tax for orders delivered within the country of Canada and GST and PST for purchases made within the province of BC. The tax will not be charged for orders for the USA and International orders, however, when importing goods into your country, there is a good chance that Brokerage, VAT, Duty will be applied to your goods when imported into your country.
- The receiver is responsible for 100% of those charges. Aoi Budogu Co. Ltd. has no control over those charges. Please contact your border services or carrier company if you would like to inquire or dispute the charges applied to your shipment.
- No refund will be issued if you refuse a shipment.
For Non-Custom OrdersWhen your order status is:
- “Authorized”… No fees will be charged. Please contact us as soon as possible to cancel your order.
- “Processed”… 8% of the paid total will be charged. It will be deducted from the refund amount.
- “Shipped” … Sorry, we can’t cancel your order once your order has been shipped.
For Custom / In-Stock Bogu Orders
In-Stock / Custom Bogu, Custom Iaito Swords, the products with Embroidery / Cord extensionYou may cancel any order without a restocking charge if you cancel the order within 24 hours of placing an order.
- Within 24 hours… No fees will be charged.
After 24 hours… … A cancellation fee will occur:
- Custom Bogu, Custom Iaito Swords, the products with Embroidery / Cord extension: 35% for personal customization fee.
- In-Stock Bogu: 35% for re-stocking fee of the item.
- 4% for purchase transaction fees.
- 4% for refund transaction fees.
With a receipt of your shipment, any items following below, and within 30 days of purchase (except outlet sale items) will receive a refund or will receive an exchange . Please note that shipping fee is non-refundable. In case the return is a result of our error, full amount will be refunded include shipping fee.
- Any clothing item in its original condition unused and unwashed (For Hakama, pleat retaining stitches on the hakama must be intact).
- Any unopened (still in its plastic wrap) Shinai, Bokuto and Jo
- Any item in new condition with original packaging and accessories
*When you ship back to us, please indicate on the shipping label that "Returned Item" to the original in Canada.
- All refunds are subject to 8% transaction fee. 4% for the purchase transaction and 4% for the refund transaction.
- If your order is qualified for free shipping, the original shipping fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- We will not accept items returned after 30 days.
- Return shipping will be at your expense if the return is not a result of our error.
- We can process returns and refunds only for the items purchased from Aoi Budogu web site.
- Custom Kendo Bogu, Custom Iaito Swords, Shinsakuto, Special Orders from Japan, or the products that have been personalized with Embroidery or Cord extension, the return will not be accepted unless the product was the wrong specification from what was ordered. Even if those items are returned to us, we will not issue a refund or send your item back.
**For the customer, who is going to return or exchange items from outside of Canada**
If you state the amount over $20 as item value on the commercial invoice, customs fee or brokerage fee might occur. Please note that these extra charges will be at your expense in this case. If you have questions about this fee, please contact us.
PACKING & SENDING YOUR RETURN
You can pack and send your return to us in just a few simple steps.
- Email us email@example.com to explain why the item is being returned and which size to exchange for. You will receive a reply from us in 1-2 business days.
- Pack the items securely in a box/bag. You can use the same box/bag the items arrived in or another if you prefer.
- Send to an address that we give you via email. When you are shipping from outside of Canada, please indicate on the shipping label that the items are being returned to the original shipper in Canada.
- We will contact you once we receive and inspect the item.
- After inspection, you will receive a payment request from us for the shipping. NOTE: If your return is not the result of our error, the shipping cost for both ways will be at your expense.
- New Items will be shipped out after the payment is authorized.
If you don't receive a shipment within a reasonable time, contact us and we will activate a search. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Before sending your item back, please email us with the pictures of a damaged part at email@example.com. After inspection, we will send you a return shipping label by email. Please send the item back with original packaging and the packing slip. The new item will be re-shipped after the damaged item is returned.
Discount Coupons cannot be used with other promotions.
Any special handling requests, such as gift card text, customizing/personalization, and special directions, can be added in the Comments section at check-out on the website or give us an email. Aoi Budogu makes every attempt to recycle boxes and packing materials with which to ship out orders.
We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
Please transfer the funds in Canadian Dollar. If you complete your order in US dollar and select Interac e-Transfer for the payment, we will notify you with the amount in Canadian Dollar by email. Your order will not be shipped until we receive a full payment.
Name Of Receiver : Aoi Budogu Co., Ltd.
Email Receiver : firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Question : bogushop
Security Answer : aoibudogu
When by the wire transfer, please refer to the following if necessary:
Name of Bank : Royal Bank of Canada
Branch Office : Bainbride & Lougheed Branch
Address of Bank : 2840 Bainbridge Ave, Burnaby, BC V5A 3W7
Phone number of Bank : 1-(604)-665-8500
Account Holder Name : Aoi Budogu Co., Ltd.
Type of Account : Chequing
Account Number : 4002705
Transit & Branch Number : 00750
International Bank Account Number : 003
Swiftcode : ROYCCAT2
Please also make sure to include your order number so that we can confirm your payment quickly. Your order is not shipped until your payment is confirmed.
please send it to the following address:
Payee Name : Aoi Budogu Co., Ltd.
Payee Address : Unit28, 8980 Fraserwood Crt, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5H7, Canada
Your order will not be shipped until we receive it.